Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Proudest outfit ever

This is what I wore for teaching in the 90+ degree weather. A simple tee and flowy skirt, jazzed up with a braidy 'do and some gold accessories.



Shirt: Costco
Skirt: TJMaxx
Belt: thrifted
Sandals: Nine West outlet
Earrings: gift


I was happy with it - I felt pretty and I was very comfortable - but this is not my proudest outfit.


This is:


I GRADUATED!! I'm a MASTER now!

It's been a long road and a lot of work, and last Saturday morning I put on a (what I might otherwise consider dopey) cap and gown with a great sense of accomplishment. It's not flattering - kind of shapeless sack, actually - but it made me feel just as confident as my most put-together work ensemble.

This was mostly due to my sweet-ass hood:



Being a master is awesome.


Thanks everyone for bearing with me during my absence, and thank you to my mom and sis for whisking me away for wonderful graduation travels!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know how hard you worked to get there. You must be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - Thanks!

    Tina - Thank you! It was a lot of work, and I *am* proud. :)

    ReplyDelete