Thursday, April 8, 2010

more fun with shapes

This shirt was one of the light summer tops I pulled out of the attic over the weekend. I love the bright color and geometric pattern, but with the overcast skies and chilly temps this morning (sigh) I knew I needed some layers. I usually think of this as a casual, with-jeans kind of top, so I decided to try to dress it up with some office basics.

I liked the overall shape of the tunic-ish top with the A-line skirt, and I liked the sort of unexpected twist of the modern top with the classics.

I am so, so wishing I could yank the top down a few inches in these pictures. Yikes.


Hey has anyone noticed what I have NOT worn this week? :)

Green top: Max Studio via TJMaxx
White button-down: TJMaxx
Skirt: Merona, thrifted
Boots: GNW via Fred Meyer's

2 comments: