Monday, April 26, 2010

some kind of tuxedo

My friend Rebecca, who throws the most awesometastic theme parties, had a "Canadian tuxedo" party on Saturday night - guests were encouraged to wear as much denim as possible. Now, growing up in Alaska, I always called denim + denim a Texas tuxedo. And some of the folks at the party who were from New York called it a Jersey tuxedo. Apparently, this outfit is named after whatever place you feel the need to mock. Go figure.

Anyway, the party was a smashing success, as much denim was in evidence (and a well-timed break from my descent into Master's Paper Madness!). I grabbed every denim thing I had in my closet and called it good, but Rebecca and several of her friends made a special trip to Goodwill, where they purchased the finest denim the 90's had to offer. To wit:



Yes, that is a skort jumper. AMAZING.

Of course, as Rebecca is a loyal reader, we had to do the series of "fashion poses" I always do on my blog....


Ha.

Happy b-day, Rebecca!

On me:
Dress (worn as shirt): Target
Belt: from dress
Skirt: Levi's
Vest: TJMaxx
Boots: Steve Madden Girl via DSW
Earrings: thrifted
Necklace: gift

On Rebecca:
Everything from Goodwill - headband self-made! Not shown: Hilarious denim espadrilles.

No comments:

Post a Comment