Tuesday, April 6, 2010

short pants!

Spring done sprung up here, folks - it hit 75 over the weekend and I got my first (minor) sunburn. Woo-hoo! I hauled my box of summer clothes down from the attic on Friday and rediscovered...my cropped pants.



Ok, so I am never quite sure about these pants. They were a pair of GAP dress pants that shrank in the wash to that dorky length that barely brushes the tops of your feet. So I got brave and hemmed them myself, an act of creativity of which I was extraordinarily proud. However, sometimes cropped dress pants read a little less fabulous and a little more, well, soccer mom. Today I tried to sass them up with a sparkley top, bright red shoes, and big hoop earrings, but I still worried. What do you all think?



Cardigan: hand-me-down from C
Top: Target
Pants: GAP, cropped by me
Shoes: BR, gift from mom
Earings: thrifted

4 comments:

  1. Approve! You look slim, and the color combination is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Urse! I'm glad you're still reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the soccer mom fear, because I sometimes share it. Still, I pretty much live in cropped pants all summer because I like the way my legs look in them better than shorts. I guess what I'm saying is, you look great, and cropped pants are awesome, especially when you crop them yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) Now that I'm looking at this picture again, I think I do actually like the pants, and what I don't like is the neckline (or maybe overall fit) of the top. Crewnecks! Bah.

    ReplyDelete