Friday, July 30, 2010

such great heights

I bought these shoes on a DSW trip with C, when I raved about how sexy and yet comfortable they were. I think since then I have worn them...once. For about two hours. Why? The truth is, I do not know how to walk in this high of heels. I thought that owning these shoes I adore would force me to practice. Nope. They languished on the floor of my closet day after day as I headed off to teach in my sensible flats or low-heeled boots.


My general philosophy of clothing ownership is that if I haven't worn something in more than a year I don't need it (exceptions sometimes granted for fancy dress clothes), which means that as a person who has been moving every September for the past few years I've been good about getting rid of unworn stuff. And as I know prepare to either pack or sell or give away everything I own, I have to decide: should they stay or go?

After wearing this outfit, I'm leaning towards stay.

I cannot even describe how tall and glamorous and posh I felt in this outfit. I felt like a model. Seriously. Look, I even did my best Tyra Banks broken-down-doll pose.

On the other hand, I had to trade these shoes for flipflops just to walk to and from my car, so these shoes are definitely not coming overseas where I will be taking public transportation everywhere. I just don't think I can give them up. They make me so happy!

Do any of you have clothes you feel this way about?

Tank top: TJMaxx
Skirt: TJMaxx
Belt: hand-me-down
Shoes: ciao bella via DSW
Bracelet: gift from my sis

2 comments:

  1. The shoes are gorgeous! They look like they might be a bit big for you, which would make them harder to walk in. For me, walking in high heels requires building up my leg muscles beforehand, either by wearing them around the house, or doing squats and lunges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried tightening the straps a little more, and that helped, but I think you're right, they might have been nine and a halfs. I should wear them around the house! Vacuuming in heels. So fifties. ;)

    ReplyDelete